1970s Year Identification vin 6Y87A131847

O
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can anyone help me out with this VIN 6Y87A131847? I'm wondering what year it is. Bought a house and discovered after the white stuff melted this was sitting a ways out in my backyard. Body looks to be in good condition. The first and last digits look like symbols and I've been searching the Google. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
20230709_204448.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

How about a picture of the whole car? The vin alone won't do it. You at least need an era to work from. The first and last look like script Fs, to me anyway.

At least front and side pictures. Rear would be nice too.

Here are some pictures. Thank you for any info.
Snapchat-1542041396.jpg20230709_204110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So it looks like it's a 1976.

Can anyone help me out with this VIN 6Y87A131847? I'm wondering what year it is. Bought a house and discovered after the white stuff melted this was sitting a ways out in my backyard. Body looks to be in good condition. The first and last digits look like symbols and I've been searching the Google. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 28468
IMG_0028.png

That Tbird is a 1976 like 74 Harley stated. Don't know why VIN magic would show a 66. 289's were not offered in a 66, for good reason, it wouldn't get a 66 out of the driveway. These are big heavy cars.
cheers
Ed
After looking at the results a bit more I realized it couldn’t be correct, but it was too late to delete.

You have to pick the decade of the decoder before you plug in the info.

Back