1966 water in my battery tray.

F
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have had the car for around 5 months now. When I got it the battery tray was pretty rusted. It has been raining here and I am finding water in the tray. There is no water in the pocket that is on the other side of the engine compartment. I keep the car covered with a water resistant cover. I cant figure out how it is getting there. The only thing I can figure out is that the water is coming up from what look like drain holes in the tray. Anybody have this problem?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I think that it was only wet after it rained recently not before. But I will check to see if it is leaking. It seems to be a fairly new battery. If it was the battery leaking and I touched the water would it burn my hands?

looking at my 65, there is a rubber gasket along the back of the hood where it meets the cowl, but nothing on the sides. It looks like any water should run down along the fender top and drain out the front by the grill. Perhaps your cover is trapping water somehow and it ends up by the battery.

Back