1964 relay identification

S
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello,
Trying to identify this relay on a 1964 Thunderbird coupe. Has a purple, red and black wire going to it. Have searched the wiring diagrams and cannot find this relay not to mention any purple wires anywhere in the wiring diagrams. It's located on the passenger side above the fuse panel.
Any help would be appreciated!
PXL_20231218_165057163.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It is definitely a Ford relay. The engineering part number looks like C4VE 18A777 That number is in the range of the accessories for the car. I do not have a parts book that covers this year, so I am not sure what it controls. Sorry, that is as much help as I can give you. The part number indicates that it is used on 1964 and later vehicles.

It is definitely a Ford relay. The engineering part number looks like C4VE 18A777 That number is in the range of the accessories for the car. I do not have a parts book that covers this year, so I am not sure what it controls. Sorry, that is as much help as I can give you. The part number indicates that it is used on 1964 and later vehicles.
Thank for the response anyway, appreciate it!

Hello,
Trying to identify this relay on a 1964 Thunderbird coupe. Has a purple, red and black wire going to it. Have searched the wiring diagrams and cannot find this relay not to mention any purple wires anywhere in the wiring diagrams. It's located on the passenger side above the fuse panel.
Any help would be appreciated!
View attachment 30557
Just guessing here…..maybe the Map Light Relay. It has Violet, Black/blue, and Red wires. Labeled as #213 on page 11 of wiring diagrams.

C4VB-13A777-A is a map light relay.

Back