1963 trunk keyhole cover replacement

Dustin F
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know how to replace the swinging bird head to the trunk emblem. I have no idea how to attach the spring or the bird head to my 63 T bird. Thanks
20230409_111616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You will have to remove the emblem from the trunk lid, and if my memory is working you attach the bird from the back with a push on clip.

You will have to remove the emblem from the trunk lid, and if my memory is working you attach the bird from the back with a push on clip.
When I bought the part from a thunderbird retailer all that was sent to me was the bird head and a small spring but no push on clip. Maybe I'll have to take it off and see. Thank you for the feedback

I just replaced Ming you have to remove the 2 spread clips and 1 large nut inside the trunk that holds the emblem on them you will have acces to the back of emblem you will see a slot and the spring winds to have tension and the cross piece go into the slot then reassemble on trunk

I just replaced Ming you have to remove the 2 spread clips and 1 large nut inside the trunk that holds the emblem on them you will have acces to the back of emblem you will see a slot and the spring winds to have tension and the cross piece go into the slot then reassemble on trunk
Thank you, now I have a better understanding

Back