1962 tall valve covers?

62 Thunderchicken

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need tall valve covers due to adjustable rockers. Have dual chamber master cylinder that may prevent this. I've got the baldy valve covers on for now, but no provisions for oil fill or pcv valve.
Somebody knows!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've had factory adjustable rockers before and didn't require taller valve covers. What are you running for an intake manifold? '62 birds didn't have a PVC system, just a road vent. Oil fill was through a filler tube in the intake manifold.

A new aluminum intake with no provisions for oil fill or puke tube. I hate to start modifying the baddies. Thinking a different master cylinder may have to happen. One thing leads to another.

There are no tall factory baldy valve covers with PCV/Oil filler holes.
You have several options:
1. Obtain a set of reproduction 427 pent-roof valve covers with PCV holes. Add the decal of your choice.
Note: make sure they have baffles or use Mr. Gasket 5425 baffled PCV grommets to avoid sucking oil through the PCV valve.
2. Use a set of 410 "Mercury" valve covers - they are tall enough to clear adjustable rockets.
3. Use a set of "Cobra-LeMans" cast aluminum valve covers. They have a notch to clear a 1968 Mustang M/C.

Back