1962 Convertible Front Seat Extenders?

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey fellow enthusiasts. I own a 62 Thunderbird convertible. I am 6' 5" and my power seat is all the way back and down as far as it will go. I'm a thin guy but the steering wheel is barely off my stomach. I have the seat base off and out of the car. As far as I can tell there is no more adjustment available. Does anyone else have this problem? Any possible solutions? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Have the same car with the same issue. Still haven’t solved it either. Considering drilling 4 new holes 4” rear of the current holes. But I’d like a more non destructive solution.

Have the same car with the same issue. Still haven’t solved it either. Considering drilling 4 new holes 4” rear of the current holes. But I’d like a more non destructive solution.
Can understand that...and would also prefer your suggestion.

Hey fellow enthusiasts. I own a 62 Thunderbird convertible. I am 6' 5" and my power seat is all the way back and down as far as it will go. I'm a thin guy but the steering wheel is barely off my stomach. I have the seat base off and out of the car. As far as I can tell there is no more adjustment available. Does anyone else have this problem? Any possible solutions? Thanks
Can you use a1964-70 Mustang seat extender?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2561020402...d=link&campid=5338236430&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I don't remember if the Thunderbirds used the same seat bolt pattern but if not,
you could fabricate your own extender using steel channel.
The seat will be raised up by the adapter thickness.

Maybe you could use the standard mounting holes but use four pieces of flat stock. Bolt those into the standard spots and bolt the seat track into holes on the other end of the flat stock. Just spitballing here.

I did this a long time ago on my 63 convertible. 2 strips about 1/8 thick. 3.5 back and 1/4 towards the door so the seat will clear the center. You won’t notice it setting. The seat bars will sink down a little
In the rear to help with hight. Easy to remove or take off. I’m 6’2” and 250.
Works well. I also did my 64 convertible.

Back