1959 decoding for replacement tag

M

mark costello

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Lost Origional Id tag that was on the drivers door jamb. I'm applying for a replacement and have decoded the vin as needed for the new tag to be made. I don't koow the build date of the cat and assume it is indicated within the last six numbers of the vin. I am not clear as to the correct interpetation of these numbers. Can anybody help me with this? the vin is H9YJ109284.

Thank you,

Markk C

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Lost Origional Id tag that was on the drivers door jamb. I'm applying for a replacement and have decoded the vin as needed for the new tag to be made. I don't koow the build date of the cat and assume it is indicated within the last six numbers of the vin. I am not clear as to the correct interpetation of these numbers. Can anybody help me with this? the vin is H9YJ109284.

Thank you,

Markk C
best bet is to find the registrar of the 1959 registry. The one here http://tbird.info/registry/Vin_Sorter_list.php?q=(Year~equals~1959)&goto=12&orderby=aLastSix shows the dates around this VIN were randomly jumping around from 21 - 25 November 1958 which includes the saturday and sunday before Thanksgiving 1958, but some numbers a bit before yours show Dec 2 and 3 so without someone w/ in depth knowledge you may just be left to guess something in this range?

See if you can contact a registrar, or a '59 expert judge in one of the T-bird clubs.
What I know from other clubs I'm in is there are always 1 or 2 or even 6 people that have reconstructed what cars were built on what dates when the VINs jump around like I see in November '58. It's usually one or more options were not available, or certain interior color/trim was on back-order, or one paint color was not coming out correctly in the paint booth, etc. so if you know what was on your car originally that person could help you narrow it down to just one day or two.

Back