1957 unknown part under dashboard

Blue Bird 57

Blue Bird 57

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Fixed other issues, now I can search for a part that is bolted to the bottom of the dashboard. It is about 11/2” round with 2 small holes in it, the back has a flexible metal cable with 2 wires that go under the dashboard, they are hard to trace so if anyone has any ideas it would be a lot easier to find what they are for. See photos. Thanks
IMG_2724.jpegView attachment 28643

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It's apparently some kind of aftermarket accessory. Do your best to trace those wires to see where they terminate to have a clue.

That's interesting, I have not seen anything like that before.

Fixed other issues, now I can search for a part that is bolted to the bottom of the dashboard. It is about 11/2” round with 2 small holes in it, the back has a flexible metal cable with 2 wires that go under the dashboard, they are hard to trace so if anyone has any ideas it would be a lot easier to find what they are for. See photos. Thanks
View attachment 28643
Looks like some kind of electric socket for an aftermarket accessory. I've heard that electric shavers were a brief fad for cars in the late 50s, so maybe it is for that, or something like that.
I've had a car that had the power for a CB radio run in conduit from the starter solenoid area through the firewall to under the center of the dash. It had a different socket, but similar to this.

Didn’t think of that, I’ll put a meter on it. Thanks

Back