1957 Part Numbers in Illustrations & Reference Manual

F

farmerdick

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just received a copy of the manual noted in the post heading. Now, is there a cross-reference that gives the nomenclature to match up the Ford part #`s shown in the illustration Manual? Numbers do not help by themselves to locate parts as to what they are called.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Just received a copy of the manual noted in the post heading. Now, is there a cross-reference that gives the nomenclature to match up the Ford part #`s shown in the illustration Manual? Numbers do not help by themselves to locate parts as to what they are called.
The Thunderbird Illustrations & Reference Manual only gives the part numbers next to the illustration. If you want to match the part number to the part description, you will need the Ford Parts and Accessories Text or Illustrations Catalog. Another way you could do it is to go to one of the Thunderbird parts suppliers website and enter the part number in the product search. If they sell the part they will have the description.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

The part number in the illustration is probably a basic part number. For instance, a carburetor is 9510, no matter what vehicle or type of carburetor it is. To get a specific carburetor, you will need the prefix and suffix for the complete number. A 1957 For Fairlane with a 4 barrel carburetor may have a part number of B7A 951-F, (not the real number, but an example) A neutral safety switch has a basic number of 7A247. A 1956 Ford truck with the column shift automatic transmission would be a B4A 7A247-A where a Thunderbird would b a B6S 7A247-A. The basic part number would identify the general part while the rest of the numbers will make them model specific.
a

I understand. Good information.

Back