1957 padded dash installation

twstnshout

twstnshout

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Is there a procedure for installing a new padded dash without removing windshield or removing entire dash. My original pad is actually ok except the padding is gone so it’s loose. I would really like to leave it original but might have to replace when the rest of the interior is brand new

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You can omit the make and/or model of your car from future subjects since we are exclusive to the Ford Thunderbird.

I just recently installed one on my car. I don't see how it could be done without taking out windshield and dash. This is the 1st and last one I will ever do. I've done plenty of total restorations this has to rank at the top of my list for worst job I've ever done.

I just replace my dash. I did not remove the windshield. It takes time and patience. Remove the seat and steering wheel. Disconnect the wiring. Good luck.

Check with CASCO They used to have a CD on recovering the dash on a 57. Don't know if the dash was in or out of the car but it can be done with the dash in.

Is there a procedure for installing a new padded dash without removing windshield or removing entire dash. My original pad is actually ok except the padding is gone so it’s loose. I would really like to leave it original but might have to replace when the rest of the interior is brand new
Here is the procedure that was published in the September/October 2001 Early Bird magazine.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Removing the Dash.jpg

The dash in my '57 has 4 black metal strips screwed to the very front edge holding down the vinyl.
I don't see any way those screws could be removed without taking out either the windshield or dash.
20230201_190024[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back