1957 fordomatic change to c4

N
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
New member,so bear with me as I assume this has been covered many times before. Need advice on this swap and info on a kit supplier. Want it to be as painless as possible, and don't mind spending a little more to ease the job and get quality parts. Thanks for help.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you are going to go to the trouble to put a C4 why not just install a newer O/D transmission. A few years ago I built a '54 Skyliner (glass roof) with a 312 Y bllock and the 1st gen O/D transmission. the AOD built from 1980 to '91 I beleive. I got the adaptor from Bendtsen's Adaptors comes w/ starter. I looked at the shift linkage from an 80's Mustang carb to get the travel and fabricated my own linkage. Nothing better the the extra gear. O/D is .067 to 1 . I'm in the process of putting a E4OD in a 79 4x4 F250 using a Baumann Quick 4 Controller. The E4OD would be another option you could use. I beleive the controller w/access. is about 800.00

New member,so bear with me as I assume this has been covered many times before.
Use the search page and then you don't have to wonder if it's been covered many times before. When you are typing your subject it also shows previous posts you can view before posting.

Back