1957 Door restoration help

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm attempting to restore the doors on my 57 third. Is there any information on where to start? I have no idea how the garnish rail, armrest, spacer and turned aluminum trim attach to the door panel. And how everything attaches to the door itself.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Updated your subject.summary-of-post.jpg model-year.jpg

I have all the books but none show the process of attaching garnish rails, armrests, or the turned aluminum. Looks easy to line everything up but does everything just attach to the door panel and then the panel clips to the door?

I'm attempting to restore the doors on my 57 third. Is there any information on where to start? I have no idea how the garnish rail, armrest, spacer and turned aluminum trim attach to the door panel. And how everything attaches to the door itself.
I have all the books but none show the process of attaching garnish rails, armrests, or the turned aluminum. Looks easy to line everything up but does everything just attach to the door panel and then the panel clips to the door?

This is where you might be best served by contacting one of the reputable parts dealers snd asking their advice on what you need and how to put it all together. I've found the biggest pain is getting to clips that hold the door and window cranks on their studs.

Door whiskers. I just replaced the door whiskers on the door panel on my '57. The originals were stapled but I discovered they are the same size as standard staple gun staples. stapled through the rubber and was able to thread the legs through the original staple holes. looks as good as original and is authentic.

Back