1956 Drop Curtain installation Question

B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am installing a new drop curtain. Is it supposed to be installed so that the cardboard quarter panels are on top o f the material or material under them. Also my car never had studs for the drop curtain. The new curtain has the female pieces installed. It came with plenty of the male studs. My car has electric seat and the tube and linkage make it awkward to drill the floor for studs. there also is material coming from bottom of seat cushion that wraps aound the seat bar that runs full width of cockpit. This materialis glued/bonded to the metal tube. I could drill the tube and put studs on that. or cut drop curatin and reinstall the snaps. So ???

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

To my knowledge the snaps were simply to anchor the bottom of the drop curtain to the floor. I don't see the need for them and never use them. If I had it to do over again I would not even install the male ones into the floor. I don't think you want to put them into that tube as it think it rotates as you adjust the seat and you might pull too much on the drop curtain. In use the curtain will be able to be pulled all the way up and laid on top of the metal behind the seat as you put the soft top up and down. On your question of the cardboard, I can't picture what you are talking about there. My drop curtain doesn't connect to any cardboard.

I am installing a new drop curtain. Is it supposed to be installed so that the cardboard quarter panels are on top o f the material or material under them. Also my car never had studs for the drop curtain. The new curtain has the female pieces installed. It came with plenty of the male studs. My car has electric seat and the tube and linkage make it awkward to drill the floor for studs. there also is material coming from bottom of seat cushion that wraps aound the seat bar that runs full width of cockpit. This materialis glued/bonded to the metal tube. I could drill the tube and put studs on that. or cut drop curatin and reinstall the snaps. So ???
The drop curtain goes over the quarter panels. The male studs go on the floor. See pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_7926[1].JPG
    IMG_7926[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7927[1].JPG
    IMG_7927[1].JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
Back