1956-57 mounting front license plate

H

hotwing

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
is there a way to mount a front license plate on a '56 & '57 thunderbird without drilling holes?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

There. Should already be holes in the bumpers.

I have a 57 and it has 2 horizontal slots on the flat front surface of the bumper which give adjustibility and line up with the holes on my Massachusetts number plate.

I made up a bracket which can't be seen and lowers the front plate about 3 inches which gets it out of the air flow

On a '57 you need a license plate bracket that fastens to a bumper guard bolt. Usually the right bumper guard.

That should have said on the '56 Bird.

Yup, my '57 is the same way. Here in Washington state you can get a collector car plate for only a one time fee. Permanent no renewal fees. Best of all don't need a front plate so better air flow to the radiator.

There are slots with screws on both the front and rear bumpers, but no actual bracket, should I just be mounting these to the bumper?

Back