1955 WOT stumble

OK, stupid question number 7,312 ...... What does WOT stand for? Vern :>)
;) Wide Open Throttle. OR as my wife would say "WHY??? open throttle"? She doesn't get it!:rolleyes::p

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I agree, but

when I tried to find a PV to replace it I couldn't find the part and it wasn't in any of the older rebuild kits I have! I assumed (not good) that they replaced the PV when it was rebuilt???
You will most likely have to get a rebuild kit, replace the PV and the PV rod and diaphragm assy. The PV not in your old kits will tell you something, I would try the PV diaphragm assy first if you have one in your kits. I didn't have the best of luck with rebuild carbs hence I did them myself. Many folks bought adapter plates and put on new holley 600 carbs and that solved a lot of problems as the cars aged.

You will most likely have to get a rebuild kit, replace the PV and the PV rod and diaphragm assy. The PV not in your old kits will tell you something, I would try the PV diaphragm assy first if you have one in your kits. I didn't have the best of luck with rebuild carbs hence I did them myself. Many folks bought adapter plates and put on new holley 600 carbs and that solved a lot of problems as the cars aged.
I have 3 kits and no PV in any of them. I want to keep the car all original, so no 600.

OK, checked:
Idle (warm) 550rpm (480rpm in drive)
Timing 9° BTDC (1/2 between 8°&10°)
Max advance 34°
Max vacuum at idle 18psi
in gear 16psi
Choke plate ok/working

Answer from Mike's:
Subject: Mike's Carburetor Parts: Update Tracking #48422 Power valves for these aren't available new that I know of, you'd have to track down a used one somewhere. Pay attention to whether the issue occurs only when it's hot or cold, it could be a choke issue. Thanks Sincerely, Mike's Carburetor Parts

OK, checked:
Idle (warm) 550rpm (480rpm in drive)
Timing 9° BTDC (1/2 between 8°&10°)
Max advance 34°
Max vacuum at idle 18psi
in gear 16psi
Choke plate ok/working

Answer from Mike's:
Subject: Mike's Carburetor Parts: Update Tracking #48422 Power valves for these aren't available new that I know of, you'd have to track down a used one somewhere. Pay attention to whether the issue occurs only when it's hot or cold, it could be a choke issue. Thanks Sincerely, Mike's Carburetor Parts
Like you said it was warm, and the car is ok at driving speeds, the boog happens at start to WOT. just out of curiosity was the car ok before the rebuild carb was done? You can check the PV and see if it moves up and down if it's stuck down thats the problem if it's free check the actuator assy with a vacuum hand pump when it's apart. If the choke plates are open when it's warmed up and there is no problem then reset the choke and make sure it's working as the engine heats up from cold.

Like you said it was warm, and the car is ok at driving speeds, the boog happens at start to WOT. just out of curiosity was the car ok before the rebuild carb was done? You can check the PV and see if it moves up and down if it's stuck down thats the problem if it's free check the actuator assy with a vacuum hand pump when it's apart. If the choke plates are open when it's warmed up and there is no problem then reset the choke and make sure it's working as the engine heats up from cold.
Don’t know if that particular problem existed b4 the carb rebuild, the prior owner had it rebuilt.

Don’t know if that particular problem existed b4 the carb rebuild, the prior owner had it rebuilt.
If it is the PV and they are no longer available one would wonder if was changed. looks like you need to pull the carb and check every thing out wish you the best of luck.

This could also be a low float level.

OK, stupid question number 7,312 ...... What does WOT stand for? Vern :>)
Don't feel bad, took me a while - Wide Open Throttle
Thought it was what my son would say every time I asked him a question....

I noticed this stumble/stall before I installed an electric fuel pump which I thought fixed the problem. From a start @ WOT she’ll accelerate and suddenly stall. If I back off the throttle she’ll start to come back to life, bucking for a few seconds then all is fine. Not electrical. Sounds like fuel starving or could it be the float level is too high causing spillage on hard acceleration off the line? It was warm today 85°, but she was running at about 75%-80% on the gauge. I did smell fuel prior and maybe thought vapor lock, but I have vented the gas cap, no vacuum from tank. There are no fuel leaks around the Holley 4000 Tee-Pot (like the secondary fuel tubes). Fuel filter is new & clean. Gas tank is new and all fuel lines are clean & excellent condition. This hasn’t happened in a long time since I installed the electric fuel pump. Is it fuel starvation or fuel spillage? WOT while driving is ok and she runs strong and smooth. No stumble on hard turns or braking.

Thanks
By any chance are you using a 57+ distributor with the Teapot carburetor?

Back