1955 power window switch clips install?

Rick Dawsey

Rick Dawsey

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can anyone tell me how to install the switch? I have 4 large and one small clip from the fine people at CASCO, but I have no idea how to use them to install the switch. All advice will be appreciated.
Rick

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yes I do. I could not find the power seat switch installation in there. Can you point me to a page or some reference?
Rick

Here is a diagram from the Electrical Equipment Installation Manual.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Switch 1.JPG

The Service Manual mentions nothing about the power seat switch installation (p215). Casco Tech (didn't catch his name) could not figure our what I wanted, confusing himself with the clips that hold the switches in the plate. No luck those places.

Attached is a photo and a markup of the drawing Doug sent. (Thank you Doug.) On the drawing from Doug, I have the assembly labeled 1. I do not have items 2 or 3. Now please see the picture. I need to stuff the assembly hanging down back into the hole in the door panel, and have it stay. It stayed in the door for thousands of miles, and it just fell out the other day.

All advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks all,
Rick
TBrdSwitch.jpegElectEquiptManual 2023-07-14 at 1.44.44 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Your images were inserted as full sized images using this method:

Judging by the condition of the switch & bezel I would just replace both with new. It looks like Hills has the parts you may need. They may also help in how it's configured.

Back