How Bad Is It?

T
New owner of a 2002 Tbird. I need some parts, (cruise control cable), among others. Called my local Ford dealer. His response. Obsolete! Not available, Is this what Tbird owners can expect?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Dealer? No wonder ;)

I googled, found 3 or 4 different ones. When I'm actually at my computer I'll post a couple links ;)

I returned to my local Ford dealer today. After convincing him it is not a throttle cable he found the part number for the cruise control (xw4z9a825ba). Ford makes it no more. BUT, he found www.oepartsstore.com has it in stock. So hopefully I will have it before my road trip. BTW, I received and installed my trunk mounted luggage rack today. Beautiful, good quality and great price ($250)

You can find most, you just have to work at it and avoid Ford's overpricing when their is an aftermarket alternative that doesn't seem sketchy.

The saga continues, I got the correct cruise control cable. But it appears there is a connector between the end of the cable and the throttle. It doesn't come withe the cable. I searched but no luck yet. My road trip is getting close. Ideas? thanks

The saga continues, I got the correct cruise control cable. But it appears there is a connector between the end of the cable and the throttle. It doesn't come withe the cable. I searched but no luck yet. My road trip is getting close. Ideas? thanks

Any updates? Inquiring minds want to know!

I sent photos to a few suppliers. The supplier I got the cable from said there was no serviceable parts in the bag. I asked if a new throttle body came with the part. He said NO. The end of the cable has to fasten to a stud on the throttle body (just like the throttle cable). No one (so far) seems to know. I just used a short length of wire and fastened the end of the cable to the throttle. (In place of my missing part) and I now have working cruise control. I am on my road trip without the TBird. This obsolete parts business is worry some.

Back