How do you search the forum for specific topics? Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Do you have the SEARCH FORUMS button available to you towards the top left of the screen next to the HOME button? If not then the owner of this site has not given you that ability - perhaps he is wanting a donation? In my opinion this is very short sighted of the owner, if new people can not search for stuff they will lose interest and won't come back.

Do you have the SEARCH FORUMS button available to you towards the top left of the screen next to the HOME button? If not then the owner of this site has not given you that ability - perhaps he is wanting a donation? In my opinion this is very short sighted of the owner, if new people can not search for stuff they will lose interest and won't come back.
Not a requirement as far as I know. I have the search capability and have not donated yet.

I too have the search ability but here is what he says in the upgrade page: "Since 2001 people like yourself have helped fund our site! Upgrading your membership not only unlocks member only features to the site like searching, but also helps us pay for online advertising, software costs, hosting and development!".

And:
"We have thousands of posts on the forums, they can be searched if you are a contributing member. We do this to conserve bandwidth, etc."

I too have the search ability but here is what he says in the upgrade page: "Since 2001 people like yourself have helped fund our site! Upgrading your membership not only unlocks member only features to the site like searching, but also helps us pay for online advertising, software costs, hosting and development!".

And:
"We have thousands of posts on the forums, they can be searched if you are a contributing member. We do this to conserve bandwidth, etc."

Only contributing members can use the search page. Everyone else will get the message seen below. Also, @Quickdraw that's just a general paragraph of text on the membership page, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, it shows your membership purchases. The new software does however, allow current contributing members to help support the forum by upgrading to another membership level optionally.

upload_2016-2-15_11-10-11.png

You are dealing with a limited market of possible forum users here since there were so few of these cars made, and you have just alienated one of them.

A limited number of Ford Thunderbirds since 1955 have been made? Not sure I follow you there.
Unfortunately, this is not Star Trek, and it costs money to pay for software, online advertising which is likely how you found us, hosting, etc. We have up to 10,000 visitors per month, a lot of people lurk but it uses bandwidth. Over 500.00 has been spent just on our facebook ads alone. Technically speaking this site is state of the art, serving up images from the CDN (Content Delivery Network) on a server that I operate. We have data as far back as 2001.

If you don't want to support the forum, that's certainly your right, but what's the point in bellyaching about it? Just be glad most of the site is free and people like @Quickdraw voluntarily provide valuable information at no charge to you!

As always, many thanks to everyone who supports the forum! If you would like to contribute to help out with the costs aforementioned, visit http://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/account/upgrades

And if you are lurking as I just mentioned, register today for your free account! It just takes a minute! http://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/register

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back