biddle

1965 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

W
In difficult (tight) economic times, people will forego or delay non necessity items. I've been blessed to have owned '55-'57 Birds, and now own an '05 Anniversary Edition. Our cars can be investmens, but to many, they are just 'old cars,' and it's a niche market. Sounds as though this was a 'fire sale.' When we need liquidity sell off those items, I've noted that even high end luxury watches (Rolex, etc.) are selling a greatly reduced prices. This is simply a product of our current economic situation. Markets expand and contract.

Munson
Ford should make an effort to support what few marquee cars it has instead of leaving the owners at the mercy of their dealers.

64ZCODE
Since there's not an increase in the supply of 60's TBirds, it must be a change in demographics. Young folks today seem more interested in classic cars from the 90's than the 60's. The overall market seems to be cooling off now while certain cars are holding value or even still increasing.

My investment car is a Porsche, but my happy place is my '64 TBird :cool:

Last edited:
Bobwheeler
My observation is that muscle cars are all the rage based on Mecum auctions. Times are changing it appears in the old car market. I am no expert but that's how I see it. Love my 04 PCR.

Album information

Album owner
biddle
Date created
Item count
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Album privacy

biddle

Can view media items