x frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
bayfeet

bayfeet

Last seen
does anyone know what size hex socket is used to tighten the bolts underneath the car

does anyone know what size hex socket is used to tighten the bolts underneath the car

bayfeet,

Or do a search on the words: cross brace

AutoZone and probably most other big auto stores will loan you a torque wrench and other tools for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi George and thanks for the information. I had rented a torque wrench from auto zone and the put it on the bolts, they turned but the wrench did not release. I had it torqued to 46lbs. The bolts started to strip so I stopped and did not want to do too much damage. I went back to auto zone and they gave me a different wrench, I'm hesitant to try again because I don't want to strip the bolts. They appear to be 1/2 in size and there are twelve of them. Thanks for the info on the threads. Ed

xframe

Went back to auto zone and they gave me another torque wrench, this one worked and car is considerabley tighter, I have the two in front to do but have to remove the cover. The info on wheel balancing looks good too. Thanks again- Ed

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: HKS
bayfeet, glad the info on bolts and wheels helped!

Quickdraw, thanks for bringing that thread forward. I had forgotten it was posted

xframe

Quickdraw, and George thanks for your help too. All this informaton is invaluable! This particular fix makes all the difference in the world. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back