Wtb New Starter Solenoid - 1955

E
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all,
I want to buy a spare Starter Solenoid for my 1955 Tbird that has been modified to 12V before I got it.
Do I now have to purchase a 55 6Volt replacement or a 56/57 12 Volt replacement? Not sure what is now in the car, can't find any information on it.
TX a lot for your support!
Eric
PS. the starter motor is the original 6V motor.

Hi Eric,
You will need a new solenoid. If you call Classic Thunderbird Parts @ 1-740-622-8561 they can let you know the part #
for your 55 12 volt converted part. Also if you are using the original 6 volt starter you maybe want to take it to a local
auto electrical shop to open it up and check it out, clean it etc.( unless you can do it yourself ). I also had a local shop modify my 6 volt generator because I also recently converted my 55 to 12 volt. Hopefully this helps you.
JDJ

Thanks for your fast reply JDJ!! Problem is that I live in Belgium (Europe), calling is a bit the expensive option for me :).
I have a catalogue of both Thunderbird headquarters and Concours Parts, but both starter solenoids are in there, I want to make sure I buy the right one. TX Eric.

Parts wanted go in the parts wanted forum!... Moving now.

Hi Biddle, I'm not really looking for the parts, I know where I will order them, but just looking for advice on the choice (6V or 12V) for the starter solenoid. Eric.

Hi Biddle, I'm not really looking for the parts, I know where I will order them, but just looking for advice on the choice (6V or 12V) for the starter solenoid. Eric.
TO anyone reading this-- If you are discussing parts or buying them, put it in the Parts for Sale/Wanted forum in the future. "I want to buy" goes in the parts wanted for sale for discussion there.

either will work, the 12v solenoid has an extra connection to put full 12v of power to the coil while cranking the engine. helps starting

Back