WTB 1956 Tbird Soft Top

Hallo everybody!

I’m writing you from Italy and asking you suggestion. I have completely restored on my own a 56 Tbird. The car came with the original hard top and tonneau but no soft top.

I’ve seen online the original ones but they are very expensive (since I have to add also 1000 Usd for shipping + duty fees!).

I know that there are also aftermarket soft tops but since I’m in Italy I can’t see them with my eyes! Can someone tell me where to find them and which ones are the best according to you?!

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have been toying with replacing my convertible top also, I found a site called Topsonline that looked promising. You might want to look up the site and see for yourself.

Hallo everybody!

I’m writing you from Italy and asking you suggestion. I have completely restored on my own a 56 Tbird. The car came with the original hard top and tonneau but no soft top.

I’ve seen online the original ones but they are very expensive (since I have to add also 1000 Usd for shipping + duty fees!).
for sale?
I know that there are also aftermarket soft tops but since I’m in Italy I can’t see them with my eyes! Can someone tell me where to find them and which ones are the best according to you?!

Thanks for your help!
Two things;
1. Are you the man with the 1957 radio
2. Jewel has the best soft top. It is very original. As ot other after market tops;
Most of the T-bird suppliers get their tops from the same source. Prestige Thunderbird in Santa Fe springs California is the supplier. Other sellers include Concours Parts in Nevada, CASCO in Coshocton Ohio, Thunderbird Headquarters in Concord California. Hill's Thunderbird Parts.
good luck, J.

I would like to find a complete white, soft top for my 56 tbird. I'd like it to be as close as original as possible without breaking the bank. Best places to look?

The only manufacturer that I’m aware of for aftermarket tops is “Prestige Thunderbird”in California
The price is approx 1/2 of an OEM top and is very similar in fit and finish. Definitely not original but an acceptable substitute for a driver.

Thanks all! But do you know anyone that provides restored originals or oem? Anyone used Jewels or amosminter?

Thanks all! But do you know anyone that provides restored originals or oem? Anyone used Jewels or amosminter?
You also said you didn't want to break the bank. Sounds like you are on an impossible mission. I don't think there is a market for restoring 65 year old canvas material. You will need a replica- http://prestigethunderbird.com/

I really appreciate all the advice. I know something good is going to cost me. I got a price from jewel. It's expensive but I just wanted to see if people recommended them as he have no website, he doesn't do email and can't find any online reviews so I'm going on blind faith until I get a few good references.

I really appreciate all the advice. I know something good is going to cost me. I got a price from jewel. It's expensive but I just wanted to see if people recommended them as he have no website, he doesn't do email and can't find any online reviews so I'm going on blind faith until I get a few good references.
Why wouldn't you use the original Ford OEM Supplier?

Last edited:
Back