Wtb 1970 stainless trim clips

Okiebird

Okiebird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
does anyone happen to have the clips that hold the stainless around the rear window of a 70 two door hardtop ?

When you post to the forum include the model year AND a detailed subject. "Trim clips" could mean anything. Revised for you.

summary-of-post.jpg model-year.jpg

They are one in the same. Ecklers bought Macs, and then customer service left the bldg. I’m on the road at the moment but I can get you the part number off the clip bag once I’m back in a week if you don’t locate them first

They are one in the same. Ecklers bought Macs, and then customer service left the bldg. I’m on the road at the moment but I can get you the part number off the clip bag once I’m back in a week if you don’t locate them first
That would be y! Thanks!
Dennis

That would be great, hate it when what I type doesn't show up

I tried to post a photo , not sure I explained it right, don't need the ones that actually hold the trim, but the ones on the outside of the trim that matches the trim, there are four of them, one on top and three on the bottom. If I can post the pic I will

Are you speaking of the joint covers? Yes a picture would help. I’m not near mine at the moment but I’m trying to remember how mine is and I’m thinking there is a trim cover at the top and the bottom in the center where the mldgs come together but I was thinking that the lower corners is where the sides meet the bottom mldg but I don’t remember a joint cover there so hopefully you can get a pic

Are you speaking of the joint covers? Yes a picture would help. I’m not near mine at the moment but I’m trying to remember how mine is and I’m thinking there is a trim cover at the top and the bottom in the center where the mldgs come together but I was thinking that the lower corners is where the sides meet the bottom mldg but I don’t remember a joint cover there so hopefully you can get a pic
2019-08-19 14.26.22.jpg

I know there’s one in the lower center but I don’t recall any where the lower trim meets the sides. I may be wrong as I’m not home now but I thought the lower piece has the corner and the side piece is a straight piece that fits in the corner. I may still have another set of trim pieces at the house so still maybe able to help you out. I’ll let you know this coming weekend when I get back

I know there’s one in the lower center but I don’t recall any where the lower trim meets the sides. I may be wrong as I’m not home now but I thought the lower piece has the corner and the side piece is a straight piece that fits in the corner. I may still have another set of trim pieces at the house so still maybe able to help you out. I’ll let you know this coming weekend when I get back
Thank you!

I just saw your selling yours so probably renders this as unnecessary info at this point but I looked at your car in the for sale thread and the two lower mldgs which aren’t on your car and hopefully you have join in the center and then turn the corner at the base and they over the downward mldgs, there is no joint cover. There are actual clips that hold the lower mldgs on, those are the ones I bought from Macs. Apparently when people paint that panel between the glass and the deck lid they remove but don’t replace those mldgs as yours is exactly how mine arrived as well. I only found in my parts 1 lap belt and 2 shoulder belts but again if your selling yours you would have no need. Good luck with your sale, that’s a fine looking car you have. I was watching it when it was on eBay.

I just saw your selling yours so probably renders this as unnecessary info at this point but I looked at your car in the for sale thread and the two lower mldgs which aren’t on your car and hopefully you have join in the center and then turn the corner at the base and they over the downward mldgs, there is no joint cover. There are actual clips that hold the lower mldgs on, those are the ones I bought from Macs. Apparently when people paint that panel between the glass and the deck lid they remove but don’t replace those mldgs as yours is exactly how mine arrived as well. I only found in my parts 1 lap belt and 2 shoulder belts but again if your selling yours you would have no need. Good luck with your sale, that’s a fine looking car you have. I was watching it when it was on eBay.
Oh ok, thanks. I do have those pieces, just thought I needed something like is on top in the center. I will put those pieces on then. I don't know if it will sell, I am going to go ahead with my plans, so if it doesn't sell I will have it ready to go in the spring. I found out that there is a custom seat belt manufacturer right here in town, never knew that

Back