Workshop manual help for 2002 thunderbird

That's where I got mine - had Cougar information as well as Thunderbird...
I've been using it pretty intensively during my instrument cluster issue on the '02..
Straightforward and the graphics/illustrations are decent...

Thanks I like the fact it covers the lincoln ls which may help as well, shame it doesn't have the jaguar for that era also.

Okay thats what I wanted to know, thanks. Just sick of searching every time to find bits for my bird, this will help.

You should have gotten a notice at some point about the DVD. You likely dismissed it. I reset the notice today for everyone to get a reminder.

notice.jpg

QUESTIONS
Does the DVD contain more information or better graphics than the actual huge printed format that was available years ago from Ford? Or is it the same exact volume made into a DVD?
Are there DVDs for each of the 4 years?
Is there a DVD that covers the Powertrain module? Because in some sections such as the engine section of the shop manual there is references to the PCM manual.

QUESTIONS
Does the DVD contain more information or better graphics than the actual huge printed format that was available years ago from Ford? Or is it the same exact volume made into a DVD?
Are there DVDs for each of the 4 years?
Is there a DVD that covers the Powertrain module? Because in some sections such as the engine section of the shop manual there is references to the PCM manual.
So many questions. In short,
The DVD is well worth the 12.99 to have on hand.

Look at sellers other auctions. Here is 2003-2004

2005- https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_...teid=0&campid=5338236430&toolid=20008&mkevt=1

Last edited:
I am glad I have both the printed 2002 Service Info as will as the DVD.
The DVD takes time to learn all the quirks of Ford's way of thinking as to how to make this DVD.

I am glad I have both the printed 2002 Service Info as will as the DVD.
The DVD takes time to learn all the quirks of Ford's way of thinking as to how to make this DVD.
I had no issues at all with the DVD. Pretty straight forward for me to use. It's what they've used in the dealerships for decades.

Yes DVDs is the way not only in the automotive industry but in almost all industries where pieces & parts go together. It is so much easier & by far less expensive to make revisions & updates by just making a new DVD than to publish a complete new revision of a printed book like a 500 page shop manual.
And today's technicians are totally at home using a key pad, mouse & screen of any size. Their comfort zone is with today's methods rather than yesteryear's printed matter.

I think I know the answer, but will ask anyway. I am looking to purchase for my 2002 Thunderbird, however I don't have Windows PC, I have a MacBook. Any ideas/suggestions on compatibility or a vendor who has this option? Thanks in advance.

I think I know the answer, but will ask anyway. I am looking to purchase for my 2002 Thunderbird, however I don't have Windows PC, I have a MacBook. Any ideas/suggestions on compatibility or a vendor who has this option? Thanks in advance.
Try getting the paper version. They’re still out there. The electronic manual that I got is a program, not just a bunch of PDFs, and it runs on a PC.

Can anyone recommend a seller on ebay who sells the workshop manual for 2002 Thunderbird and they are good, I just don't know which one to buy and worried I could get something really bad.

Thanks
Look for one that offers 30 day returns or free returns. The one I ordered was just OK but not great or complete. Had a free return policy and I got a prepaid return lable and a full refund.

Back