Wire wheels 1964

Gary Tayman

Gary Tayman

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
You may have read the saga on other threads. I may be interested in selling my wire wheels if anyone is interested; make an offer.

I purchased these wheels around 4 years ago from Tru-Spoke. They look great, but they have given me problems. I could never get them balanced.

To make a long story short, two of the wheels were returned, and were trued up and the ride is very much improved. Recently another wheel has gone bad, several broken spokes.

So basically we have three good wheels and one wheel that needs repair. I will soon be replacing these wheels entirely. If anyone is interested in these, please let me know and make me an offer.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Last call -- new wheels are on the car, these are here in boxes. If no takers by next week, they're going either to Goofwill or the trash.

Okay, now I'm really disappointed. No, not at anyone here, but at Tru-Spoke. Allow me to go through the story again:

I bought these new from Tru-Spoke. Immediately, car shakes around 60 mph. Balanced, re-balanced, no improvement. Took to another shop, new tires, new springs, new rear axle, new steering, whole bottom half of the car is new. No improvement. Tru-Spoke blamed it on the folks who installed the tires.

Soon, one wheel had broken spokes. Sent it back under warranty (I paid shipping). A second wheel was determined to be the cause of shaking. Sent it back -- big improvement, but still not quite right. Then a third wheel collapsed. Wow!

Enough! New wheels from Coker. The shop that installed them told me these are MUCH stronger and better built wheels. So far, so good.

What to do with the Tru-Spoke wheels? Seems nobody is interested, then again -- with this track record, who wants them? Tru-Spoke contacted me, said they would like to see the wheels to find out what went wrong. I said sure, if they pay the shipping. No reply.

A collapsed wheel is a safety hazard. Tru-Spoke hasn't enough interest to pay the shipping? Suppose the collapsed wheel caused an accident with injuries, or death, and they get sued a bazillion dollars, would they be interested THEN?

Not happy at all with Tru-Spoke.

You may have read the saga on other threads. I may be interested in selling my wire wheels if anyone is interested; make an offer.

I purchased these wheels around 4 years ago from Tru-Spoke. They look great, but they have given me problems. I could never get them balanced.

To make a long story short, two of the wheels were returned, and were trued up and the ride is very much improved. Recently another wheel has gone bad, several broken spokes.

So basically we have three good wheels and one wheel that needs repair. I will soon be replacing these wheels entirely. If anyone is interested in these, please let me know and make me an offer.
Last call -- new wheels are on the car, these are here in boxes. If no takers by next week, they're going either to Goofwill or the trash.

Do you still have the wheels?

Back