Wiper slap..2005

BIRDSALL

BIRDSALL

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Anybody else notice or have an issue with noisy windshield wiper slap? Never really gave it much thought until I picked up a 2015 GMC Acadia. These wipers are so silent that if you closed your eyes you wouldn’t know they were on. My 2005 wipers, especially the driver side are extremely loud when transitioning from up to down motion. I replace blades as required but notice no difference. The noise has nothing to do with the motor just in the motion. Makes no difference if they are on variable or regular. High speed is worse..I know on older cars I would move the arm a notch or so and problem solved. No such play on T-Bird arm...

Anybody else notice or have an issue with noisy windshield wiper slap? Never really gave it much thought until I picked up a 2015 GMC Acadia. These wipers are so silent that if you closed your eyes you wouldn’t know they were on. My 2005 wipers, especially the driver side are extremely loud when transitioning from up to down motion. I replace blades as required but notice no difference. The noise has nothing to do with the motor just in the motion. Makes no difference if they are on variable or regular. High speed is worse..I know on older cars I would move the arm a notch or so and problem solved. No such play on T-Bird arm...

I have a 2002 T-bird also and it seems to be the nature of the beast. I started using Rainex Washer Fluid which leaves a water repellent film on the glass and it improves the smoothness of the travel over the glass. I'm not sure, but there may be other chemical treatments for the glass that may help. It almost seems as if the wiper blades are dried out, but new ones do the same. Hope this helps.

I had some noise and the new blades were smearing. Switched to Bosch Envision and all my problems went away.

Bosch are the only wiper blades that I can get more than 12-18 months out of in Florida, the UV is just terrible on the bargain rubber blades..

Just got and put Bosch on the Luv Brd - no slap, no leaving very bad streak are on left right in front of driver's eyes that were frankly dangerous in rain at night

Previous were from Ford dealer

Thanks for tip

Thanks guys..will give Bosch a try

Always buy good quality blades. Also I I check the date of manf. on wiper blades. It's easy to buy new blades already dry due to shelf life.

Back