Window problem 64 landau

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Wide glider

Wide glider

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I I posted on here before about this problem my rear electric windows do not work the disable switch does not work my front windows work fine the rear windows don't work at the console or in the back switches. Any help would be appreciated

My rear passenger 1/2 window on my 64 isn't working either. I removed the interior panel and got out my multimeter. DC. 12 volts to switch. I traced mine to the motor. Everything up to the switch was reading 12 volts. After the motor, I got nothing. My motor will either have to be replaced or see if a gear wore out. If you don't have a multimeter, a lighted test probe will work to see if you have power to the motor.

Thinking about your problem with the rear quarter windows: it seems odd that none of the switches or motors work, and I believe the problem is further back.
I looked at the electrical schematics for my '66, and I would think they would be much the same for the '64.
Power for all the window circuits comes from the fuse panel circuit breaker, to the safety relay-window regulator. It supplies power to the front windows, and to the master control switch. On my drawing, it looks like the purpose of the master control switch is to isolate the rear windows. When the master switch is closed, it supplies power to the rear window switches on the console and the rear seat. The fact that neither of your rear switches or windows work, I would suspect the master switch is not closing, either through corroded contacts, or a wiring malfunction. The power from the safety relay is common to the front window switches and one side of the master control switch, which explains why your front windows work, even though the master switch may have a fault.
Hope this helps!!
Cheers

The former owner of my car removed the rear motors and installed cranks. I've seen this a lot on these cars, which leads me to believe those rear motors might not have been reliable. Maybe someone else could chime in. I have a couple motors, but instead of a right and a left I think it's two lefts. Even one, I can't change because, as I recall, for manual windows there are two guides, and for power windows there are three. I'll need the piece that was removed. It's a future project.

Thinking about your problem with the rear quarter windows: it seems odd that none of the switches or motors work, and I believe the problem is further back.
I looked at the electrical schematics for my '66, and I would think they would be much the same for the '64.
Power for all the window circuits comes from the fuse panel circuit breaker, to the safety relay-window regulator. It supplies power to the front windows, and to the master control switch. On my drawing, it looks like the purpose of the master control switch is to isolate the rear windows. When the master switch is closed, it supplies power to the rear window switches on the console and the rear seat. The fact that neither of your rear switches or windows work, I would suspect the master switch is not closing, either through corroded contacts, or a wiring malfunction. The power from the safety relay is common to the front window switches and one side of the master control switch, which explains why your front windows work, even though the master switch may have a fault.
Hope this helps!!
Cheers
Thank you. I'm going to investigate my situation with your info. Thank you for taking the time to trace that. I greatly appreciate that.

Back