White wall Tires for 2002 Tbird

B

BBird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi All,
I'm a new owner, having just purchased our first Tbird, a 2002 color Inspiration yellow. We would like to replace the nearly new blackwall tires that it came with with a set of wide white walls. So here is my question, the choices are: the American Classic that comes in 235-55R-17 (out of stock until late July & more expensive) and the Goodrich (in stock) that only comes in 225-55R-17. Do any of you have any opinions one way or the other on which is best for ride and performance. Our preference is for a wider whitewall. Any tips, help or info that you may have will be most appreciated!

I'm researching availability of whitewall tires too! I think it's important to maintain the size that was original equipment, the 235/50 R17, if possible. But I can't find whitewalls anywhere. If anyone has a suggestion, please let us know.

Hi,
The Cokers we had put on are P235/55R/17 and are very close in size to the stock tires, only difference from stock is that the Coker's side wall height from rim to tread is slightly higher, width is the same. I personally feel the ride is a bit better, though my husband says he didn't notice any difference, either way we're happy with the purchase. We had almost new Hancooks in the stock size on the car when we bought it and were able to sell them on Craigslist, to offset what we paid for the whitewalls, though it cost $115 to have them mounted and balanced.

Thanks for sharing, I am hoping for a white Christmas ( tires on my 04)

Back