Wheel Lock Key

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
LadyP
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know if Ford could match up the correct key for my wheel locks based on the VIN? We bought the 2002 in August and it did not come with the wheel lock key, and now we need tires. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MCGUARD is the company who make the locks.
Call them for a replacement key.
1-800-669-8788.
They should be able to help.
Or call a Ford dealer, sometimes they have the keys.

In a remote area I could not find my key to a wheel lock when I had a flat tire. At great expense I had my car towed to a dealer. I told them to cut off all wheel locks. I don’t believe theft of your wheels occur often enough to have wheel locks. Look at cost benefit. Cut them off

Update, I went to the McGard site and they required an ID number to get a replacement key. It took a few calls but I was able to find a local Ford dealer that had a complete master key set. Yes, there were a number of them that did not have a complete set. It took the tech a minute to find the correct key and give me the number. Then a call to McGard again (with a a bit of effort to get an actual rep on the phone) and then the rest was easy. I had the key overnighted and all is well. Thanks again to all who responded, it put me on the right path!

Back