What's Leather in 2002 Interior

Transporter

Transporter

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
What parts of the 2002 Interior are actually leather? I know my seats are. What I can't tell is if part of the doors are covered with leather or not.

Do you guys use a leather cleaner and then a leather conditioner/preservative or an all-in-one? I have been using Lexol for years but it is a Leather Cleaner then do it all over again with the Leather Conditioner.

What parts of the 2002 Interior are actually leather? I know my seats are. What I can't tell is if part of the doors are covered with leather or not.

I was just wondering the same thing yesterday as I was putting Lexol the seats and leather wrap on the steering wheel.. My micro cloth had a lot of Lexol still on it from the seats so I did do the upper door panels, along with the arm rest on the center console...

I use Barrett Jackson leather cleaner and conditioner.

I used Lexol for years but recently switched over to Chemical Guys leather products.

The seating surfaces, steering wheel and shift knob are leather, the latter except for for cars that have partial or full accent interiors. Lexol is the recommended cleaner and protectant to use. An upholstery shop owner told me to avoid products with lanolin as they can cause leather to dry out.

My seats are cracked and the foam is showing through. Do I need to replace the entire seat?

My seats are cracked and the foam is showing through. Do I need to replace the entire seat?

Well there are basically 4 ways to go. My Expedition seat was dead so I went with www.theseatshop.com and got their Durafoam seat cushion and factory match cover. I looks just like the OEM seat cover but is slightly thicker and the Durafoam is guaranteed not to turn into dust like my OEM cushion did. Problem is the website doesn't show Tbird as an option. I would still call them on Monday as they might have something or else point you to who does. I received great customer service from them. So Option 1 is to go with a company that has the foam and sells a factory match seat cover IE just like original but without the Ford Dealer price. Option 2, which I think is the worst, is to get new foam and a universal pullover for your seat design. Option 3 is to get new seat foam and get a custom fit pullover specific to your model. Option 4 is to do an online junkyard search for a complete seat or seat cover if they will sell just that (with the age if the seat leather is good, I would still replace the foam).

Following up on original question. Have red and black interior on my 02. Is the red portion on door panel leather or maybe vinyl? Anyone know?

Thought so.
Wanted to make sure I treated correctly.
Thank you.

Back