What wax are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sophia

Supporting Contributor
Last seen
I want to wax my T-Bird. I know the best kind of wax will probably take a lot of elbow grease. Is there a fairly good product that isn't so hard to apply/polish? Even something easy that requires several applications wouldn't be so bad.
I don't know if the color of the car makes a difference, but mine is whisper white. Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sophia,
Whenever serious car buffs talk about the best wax, Zaino will come up as one of, if not THE best. There is a ton of information at their website, tips & tricks, etc. The only product I've used, on just the hardtop before storage, was the ZFX and Z2. It was very easy to go on and come off, with an excellent result.

http://www.zainostore.com/

You can't buy this in stores however.

Sophia, I think the first thing you need to figure out is what are you trying to accomplish.

If you're looking for something to use several times a year to keep your car looking good, I don't think it matters a whole lot what brand you use. One thing that alot of people miss is that much of the importance of wax isn't just what it puts on, put rather what it takes off. Most normal type waxes remove a very fine layer of oxidation and crud from your finish. This is part of why it takes alot of elbow grease to put it on.

To me the Zaino and other similiar products are more for people that wash their car more often than they get it dirty and are looking for that ultimate shine. If you're not "into" polishing the car all the time and you don't want to deal with the elbow grease, just pay the local reputable detail shop 30 bucks to wax it for you.

I agree with Brad. If you want to do it yourself, go to AutoZone and get something in the higher priced range and you will be good to go. Rub on, polish off without much effort works for me on all my cars. I use Zygol (or something like that).

Zaino products are number one in my book. I love my T-bird and she has gotta have nothing but the best. After almost 2 years and 22,000 miles she's still just as shiny (or shinier) than the new ones at the dealer.

Jim

OK I have narrowed it down to three, Zaino, the other Z one at Auto Zone, or bat my eyes and try to get Brad to wax it for me.:rolleyes:

polish

Soph before you commit to zaino or one of the other high priced (and effort) products you might want to take a look at Meguiar's their products are excellent and reasonably priced. Check out their web site (www.meguiars.com) and request a catalog, it's the only product that goes on JWBIRD. Jim W

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks J, I will check that one out. I've heard of that brand, but I thought it was one that required a lot of work.

Sophia,

I too use Zaino but it probably isn’t necessary. I normally go years without waxing a car but the Thunderbird was so special to me I wanted what everyone thought was the best. Zainos clearcoat wax (Z-2 I think) mixes with an accelerator and it goes on really easy and comes off easy too. I was happy with the results but I’m sure I would have been just as happy with Meguiars or another high end product.

Car show nuts rub their cars with a special clay bar to smooth the paint and remove contaminants before waxing. If you are that serious about the wax job Zaino might be for you. But for virtually the same results and a lot more convenience you can go to the nearest auto parts store and pick one of the other products mentioned here.

Are you confused enough that you are sorry you asked?

Are you confused enough that you are sorry you asked?

No, I am not confused at all, I just put on the blindfold, and grab one, or I could just go for the prettiest packaging.

I hear some good things about this new Meguiars wax...

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/techwax.cfm

Quote from their PR people:
NXT Generation Tech Wax is unlike any car wax you have ever tried before. Nothing even comes close to this amazing product. All we ask is for you to try it. If it doesn't blow you away, send it back and get a full refund. If you're planning on entering a car show or cruise or just showing off, you won't want to be without this product. Here is what this awesome product will do:
· Your paint will be darker and richer and the shine will be the deepest, clearest you've ever seen.
· Our new ESP (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) technology creates a tougher, polymer bond to your paint so it can provide extreme protection.
· Engineered to eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish.
· Glides on and off easily. You'll be surprised how easy it is to reveal your dazzling new finish.

Good point - they should have said "deeper and richer"

I bought the Zymol today. I looks easy enough to apply. Thanks everyone!

Sophia, are your blonde roots growing out again? <grin>

How does a can LOOK "easy enough to apply"?
Zymol is supposed to be very good... please let us know if its still easy after you get it out of the can (bottle?). Is it a paste or liquid?

QUICK IS PICKING ON ME AGAIN.

Can't you see that silent T, guess you can't, here it is....

It looks easy enough....

That is blonde for "the directions appear to be less complicated than the one you mentioned" I am thinking that is the ROOT of your hostility toward my using the other brand, but I forgive you. Now back to your questions.

It is a beautiful T-Bird blue in a squeeze bottle, and the smell is to die for. Like an exotic coconut suntan lotion with the same consistancy.

Oh, what?? How does it look on the Bird...
:p
So far so good, can't wait to get it out in the sunlight. Was very easy to apply, and will have to apply it 3 or 4 times a year. That is doable.
:D

Last edited:
It is a beautiful T-Bird blue in a squeeze bottle, and the smell is to die for. Like an exotic coconut suntan lotion with the same consistancy.

Loochie might want to pick up some Zymol for her vacation starting this weekend...

Originally posted by Quickdraw
Loochie might want to pick up some Zymol for her vacation starting this weekend...

hmmm... I wonder what the SPF is on that? :cool: I sure would be glossy, though! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back