What did you do to your Tbird today? 2002-2005

Finally had a nice day and went for a short ride to take a wine list to a friend. ;)Could have emailed it but needed a good excuse to blow the dust off the bird. Stayed our prescribed distance! Wed. she goes in for oil/filter, tire rotate, AC check and a new K&N
CAI.:p I've had this K&N box in the trunk since before Christmas. Can hardly wait to drive it home. Stay healthy everyone.

Spring tune-up is complete. Changed oil and filter, rotated tires, added some freon and installed the K&N CAI. Thought I might notice a louder engine but it was very quiet--- until I "jumped on it!" Boy, what a difference in power. CAI (cold air intake) is supposed to increase HP and gas mileage. We'll just have to wait and see what happens ;)
That was last Friday. Saturday it snowed 3" Montana Springtime!:mad:
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Stay healthy&Stay home.

Actually happy about a rainy Week forecast.

i bought... volt meter, tubing, brake fluid. Ordered parts for the glove box.

This week I'll tackle the cigarette lighter power issuse and the slow wiper blades And finally the glove box not closing.

Should be a fun week exploring and fixing the 57.

Just put a coat of Torque detail on my bird....like the glass mirror look..no swirls....
6BF94509-EE13-4DD7-8B26-A3C36C127125.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to remove the A/C evaporator. I will post some pictures and info when I finish. This is not a job for amateurs.

Just completed my radio upgrade. I went with a Kenwood double din and Kicker speakers. I decided to have it professionally installed as I'm just too old to crawl around under my steering wheel. After a few calls to Sirius XM I finally got everything hooked up and working fine. I think I'm going to be very happy with my decision as I was really wanting to have Sirius XM programming. I've saved the original radio and speakers in case I sell the car Someday, but I doubt if that will ever happen. Now, if we could only get summer weather, here in Montana, I would be a "happy camper."

=IMG_1072.JPG

back from the dent repair shop. no more door dings and cut and polish the paint. time for a drive.
b.jpgx.jpg

Happy Labor Day to all. Started having some starting problems so into the "fix it" we went. My 7 yr old battery went kapoot! So in went a new one. Wasn't expecting the cost/labor but it had to be done. Seems to work good now. My new parts for the front/ rear suspension showed up today. I took them to the "fix it" shop man to see what he thought. Was kind of surprised to hear him say they looked better than the old originals - by far! ( Got the tip from one of the guys here who said he just replaced all of his) EVEN saved $400.00 :p That job will take place next April when the bird comes out of hibernation. I've spent enough $ this Summer!!
Only have three more weeks to run it before it goes to bed for the winter anyway. Tomorrow's forecast is 92° and we have a winter storm warning watch predicted for Monday o_O SUMMER IN MONTANA-- gotta love it. Be safe, be healthy & be happy!

Well today I committed what some may consider to be heresy. I had a hitch installed. I’ve been storing it for a long time. I don’t think any off the shelf hitches are still available. The hitch will allow me to pull a small enclosed trailer for my wife’s power chair. We should be able to do a lot more with the car.

03CC6A08-83D5-4CC0-B6FD-D19885E6BB29.jpeg

Weekend progress:
1. New AC Compressor is in. Pulled a quick vacuum and held overnight. So no leaks.
2. Installed Tensioner and idler pulley because, hey I was already there so why not?
3. Removed front lower ball joints.
Ended up having to have the struts disassembled and reassembled by a neighbor who works for a shop. These are way harder than others I've replaced and not many tools fit in between coils. They will get done tomorrow!
Now waiting on parts to start assembly.Tbird AC.jpgTBird Ball joints.jpgTBird compressor.jpg

Assembly of front suspension and re-charge of AC done. AC is nice and cold. The H&R springs only lowered the car about 1/4" on the front. I guess the original springs settled quite a bit from new or the H&R need some time to settle in....

Started on rear suspension last night. Same old problems as everyone:
1. Bad bushings on lower control arm- replacing entire control arm
2. Rotted sway bar link rubber- replacing links since the ball joints are loose
3. Rotted torque arm rubber- replacing torque arms
Also replacing struts and springs. Sent those out to get assembled today.

Rock Auto is on for another $530! All in about $1100 for the suspension parts and $200 for AC. She sure blows cold!

Gave my T-Bird Lasik surgery on the right eye... Left should be here today. The new headlights look awesome.

Sexy eyes!!! And she got aligned.
headlights 2.jpg
headlights.jpg

I've seen these threads on many other forums I'm apart of. Don't know if it would be as active here, but figured I would start the thread. If there is already one going, let me know.

So, what did you do to your Tbird today?

I'll start. Put the hardtop on it Sunday since we've got a week of mid 80's. Drove it to work yesterday and today. I must say, I enjoy this car so much. It's an awesome ride that gets tons of looks and is an awesome cruiser.

:)MODERATOR NOTE: See this thread for top Aftermarket Performance Parts Upgrades
I replaced my fog lights and did some cleaning.

Back