What did you do to your Tbird today?

Started on rear suspension last night. Same old problems as everyone:
1. Bad bushings on lower control arm- replacing entire control arm
2. Rotted sway bar link rubber- replacing links since the ball joints are loose
3. Rotted torque arm rubber- replacing torque arms
Also replacing struts and springs. Sent those out to get assembled today.

Rock Auto is on for another $530! All in about $1100 for the suspension parts and $200 for AC. She sure blows cold!

OhioTbird

Went for a drive to the Mid Ohio Race track today. On a road I heard a noise from the back tire I hadn't heard before.

Then I heard a clunk and saw a hunk of rubber in the rear view mirror. Pulled over into a side road and felt around the tire. Found this, Yikes!

Put on the spare and slowly drove home. Ordering radials tomorrow.

PS ... I did change cars and drove to the track. Fun day salvaged.

E3F5ED6C-9004-4246-A083-1C7C2A1709C4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went for a drive to the Mid Ohio Race track today. On a road I heard a noise from the back tire I hadn't heard before.

Then I heard a clunk and saw a hunk of rubber in the rear view mirror. Pulled over into a side road and felt around the tire. Found this, Yikes!

Put on the spare and slowly drove home. Ordering radials tomorrow.

PS ... I did change cars and drove to the track. Fun day salvaged.

View attachment 13611
Yikes! Glad that it all turned out OK. I use a 235/50R17 for my spare. It fits in the well but you can’t use the cover. I plan to make a flat cover.

Hitched up the small utility trailer to my 2003 and towed with the bird for the first time. Drove about 100 miles to Cape May, NJ and everything handled nicely. Encountered off and on rain so this is the fifth time in 17 years that the car has seen rain.

I've seen these threads on many other forums I'm apart of. Don't know if it would be as active here, but figured I would start the thread. If there is already one going, let me know.

So, what did you do to your Tbird today?

I'll start. Put the hardtop on it Sunday since we've got a week of mid 80's. Drove it to work yesterday and today. I must say, I enjoy this car so much. It's an awesome ride that gets tons of looks and is an awesome cruiser.

:)MODERATOR NOTE: See this thread for top Aftermarket Performance Parts Upgrades
I replaced my fog lights and did some cleaning.

Today was a warm day here in Austin about 78, but as evening came cooled down to 65 on the way home with the
top down, had to turn the heater on to stay comfortable. CD player works, heater worked great, and heater turned
off when it was supposed to, I still have original DCCV in my car, and it still works. Still under 13k miles, and no
warning lights on, that makes it a good day. T Bird dash.JPG T Bird dash center.JPG

My '57 is about to be put away for the winter. Working on the window lifts but here in the inland Pacific Northwest With an unheated garage and the grease is old & hard. Freezing and unheated garage, things are putting on hold.