WAY OFF TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
confused.gif
A friend of mine told me that he just ordered a new limited edition Vette. Only made this year and will sell for around $60,000. It is supposed to look like the 53 year. Anyone heard about this or is he just pulling my chain? Just wondering.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

There were a couple of blurbs about it in AutoWeek, as I recollect, Chevy said they are not going to make it but the aftermarket company that was going to do the body (also did the design) is going to go forward with it (I think).

The March issue of Motor Trend has a picture of this car within its pages. Best as I remember the article said that this was just a one of a kind concept car and no plans are in effect to go any further with the project. Will have to check the article when I get home from work and verify my statement as correct.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

From what he told me he already checked with two dealers and one has sold all their orders and he is going to another tommorrow to put down a deposit. This guy is a bit of a bull sh----. But he is planning on selling one of his two vettes he has and he got approval from his wife to get this. That makes me think that this is for real. I've checked some Vette sites and can't find anything on it.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

-

biggrin.gif
jodrod, I know this may be a hard question, but do you remember when you saw it in autoweek? I get it but haven't looked at it in a while. Except for the T-Bird article they had in last week.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

Lon is correct. The Motor Trend article specifically said that Chevy will NOT produce this car.

KB

Gobird,

I think the most recent article was in the past month or two and the first was maybe 4 or 5 months back. I know I still have the issue with the last article and maybe the first, I'll try and look tonight.

There was some talk about the car at our
last club meeting. Nobody seemed interested
enough the go by the sponsoring dealer for
details or find the Trend article.

Gobird,

Didn't find the first article but the last is in the AutoWeek 1/28 issue, p.3.

From the article:

"General Motors isn't interested is sponsoring production ... Advanced Automotive Technoligies, builder of the prototype that merges 1953 Vette styling cues onto a current C5 Corvette, plans to build a limited number of the cars at its Rochester Hills, MI, facility. Cost for the base conversion package: $29,995. For more information see <A HREF="http://www.aatcars.com."" TARGET=_blank>www.aatcars.com."</A>

-

jodrod, thanks for this info. This friend of mine thinks the car is being built by GM. I'll give him this info. and that website and he can decide for himself.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

After looking at the web photo link listed above, I was curious what everyone here thinks about that design?

Myself, I think that the car looks a bit "fat", especially in the area around the headlights and maybe a bit too much overhang at the front and back of the vehicle.

Any other thoughts?

It has a lot of Camaro on the flanks, with the '54 Vette sort of grafted on to the front and back. It doesn't work too well for me, but maybe in person..... They'll have to do a lot of drawing before they come up with lines and proportions to rival our T-Bird.

I don't know so much about the Corvette redo, BUT!!!! I do like that Buick. That is an awesome looking ROD!!!

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

TBirdMarty,

I agree wirh you, the Buick Blackhawk is a great car. Got to see it in person last year.

The rig that pulls it from City to City isn't all that bad either.

The 50th anniversary of the Corvette has given it the honors of pacing the Indy 500.
I wish the 2002 TBird would have got the job.

Tony George likes Chevy and they are the new engine sponsor with the Olds Aurora being put down in a couple of years.

------------------
'56 TBird '02 NM Bird
'98 F250 4X4 SCab
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES
'01 Olds Aurora 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back