Wanna trade hardtops? ;)

tommyc
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all,

I'm coming up on my first year of having this retro bird, and the hardtop has been off since February. I'll probably put it back on for a couple months, and I've been thinking it would look a lot better black than the silver top it came with.

My first thought is to have it painted, but then I thought, hey, why not give this a try? Maybe there's someone out there with a black top in excellent condition that's just dying to have a silver top--also in excellent condition. Mine has been enclosed in a vinyl bag all year with Damp-Rid regularly changed.

I realize it's a long shot. There are only a few body-color options where a silver top will work . . . I found a few shown below. But if anyone has interest I'm in Central Florida, and would be willing to drive a reasonable distance to you or meet somewhere in between. I'll bring the torx wrenches because we'll probably have to make adjustments. Let me know if interested!!

merlot with silver.gif black with silver.jpg

Hi all,

I'm coming up on my first year of having this retro bird, and the hardtop has been off since February. I'll probably put it back on for a couple months, and I've been thinking it would look a lot better black than the silver top it came with.

My first thought is to have it painted, but then I thought, hey, why not give this a try? Maybe there's someone out there with a black top in excellent condition that's just dying to have a silver top--also in excellent condition. Mine has been enclosed in a vinyl bag all year with Damp-Rid regularly changed.

I realize it's a long shot. There are only a few body-color options where a silver top will work . . . I found a few shown below. But if anyone has interest I'm in Central Florida, and would be willing to drive a reasonable distance to you or meet somewhere in between. I'll bring the torx wrenches because we'll probably have to make adjustments. Let me know if interested!!

View attachment 2857 View attachment 2858

Not interested as CremPuff is white with black interior

This is a interesting thought Tommy. A Evening Black with a Platinum HT makes a beautiful combination. I have also seen a 2004 Merlot with a Platinum top, a very nice classy combination.

Keep asking I'm sure you will find someone interested. I own a Medium Steel Blue and I don't think the Platinum top would go well but gosh this is a great idea to swap tops.

Back