Value of an 87 Tbird with 56k miles???

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi. My son has an 87 Thunderbird. Trying to figure out how much to sell it for and I've looked online and the prices are all over the place. Someone suggested I post on a Thunderbird forum so here I am. It's not turbocharged. It runs great. The A/C doesn't blow like a newer car but it blows cold air. It's got a cloth interior. Light blue exterior/dark blue interior. We got it five years ago with 20,000 miles on it and he's put 36k miles on it in those five years. It's got a couple smalls dings in the door and there are a couple scuff marks on the bumper. Has a new radio and speakers. I've had work done to it and maintained it. Can anybody please give me some kind of a ballpark of what I should be asking for it? I'm just lost. Thanks for any advice!

Issue 1- You need a buyer that can pay cash and the car is almost 30 years old. People that are going to buy a 30 year old car, probably don't have tons of cash laying around.

With that said, the car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Someone has an 88 Turbo Coupe on Craiglist forhttps://bham.craigslist.org/cto/5649667408.html 3950.00, I doubt seriously that's gonna happen.

What did you pay for the car five years ago? That's your guideline. My experience being in the car business years ago, is that the mileage does very little to help you on the value of a car like this.

Excellent advice. Then I'm thinking probably 2500. Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

Back