Value of 62 Convertible

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Having to part with my 62 convertible and don't want this older woman to be taken advantage of. Solid body and engine. engine was just taken out and new manifold etc. New top in 2000 and it hasn't been driven much. Upholstery needs redone and a paint job. Top currently won't go down but it was rebuilt. I think it's a fluid issue. Any help appreciated.

Hi there. I don't follow values on the '62s however I've found that the Hagerty site provides good benchmarks, and here is the link to Hagerty for the '62 convertible:

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1962-ford-thunderbird

One other observation is the price you can get for a classic depends on where you're selling the vehicle. I'm in California and car values seem to run high compared to purchasing the same classic say in Nevada or somewhere in the Midwest.

Best of luck with this!

Doug

Having to part with my 62 convertible and don't want this older woman to be taken advantage of. Solid body and engine. engine was just taken out and new manifold etc. New top in 2000 and it hasn't been driven much. Upholstery needs redone and a paint job. Top currently won't go down but it was rebuilt. I think it's a fluid issue. Any help appreciated.
I bought a 61 convert a few weeks ago. The difference between a operating top and not is a quarter of the value of the car. If it is a $5.00 can of fluid or 2,500 to rebuild the pump and hoses. Do the pumps run? Could be a fuse or the door switch. Does the lid and flipper operate? Ask one of the Tbird parts house for a reference for a top tech.

I know the issue is simple because of how it was rebuilt before. but I am not willing to try to fix it right now. but thank you.

The top issue is probably switch adjustment.

I would have figured it out if I could have gotten the top up. My service manual told me how to do it but I can only do so much with this semi-mechanical brain. Switch. relay. fuse. fluid. Yep. probably one of those. If anyone is in eastern pennsylvania and wants to come look at it with me...!

Like any vintage car it's worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. You just need a motivated buyer.

Back