Two sites are better than one

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickdraw

Quickdraw

2004 Member of the Year
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Competition is good for the consumer. When one site has a monopoly on Thunderbird fans it’s easy for the people that run it to feel they are above the rules. When the other place got that way I quit rather than be beaten into submission. It’s too early to see if those moderators will tighten the noose even more or begin to follow the rules they themselves made. If I knew how to start a poll here we could vote:

o They will tighten the noose more hoping to quell an insurrection before it gets going
o They will stop being hypocrites and will abide by their own rules to avoid an insurrection

In any case it costs nothing to participate at both sites, and as long as both are viable, then neither site is likely to feel they are above the “rules.” I miss my friends but I just couldn’t stay anywhere the moderators are not bound by any rules at all other than; its our board, we do what we want, we don’t have to explain anything to you, if you don’t like it leave and, oh by the way, here’s another boot in the head. Thats what they did to me.

I don't know if you consider me a friend from the other place or not :D , but I'm here now also. I will continue to participate there, at least for the time being. I have seen a couple of things indicating that choice #1 in your poll is the winner.

Yes, AZ you are a friend, and I especially admire that you used your same name from the other site and aren’t afraid of being tortured over there, for participating here.

EDIT P.S. If anyone is concerned about "burning bridges" just use another name to be safe. They can be downright cruel for no reason at all except you happen to step on the wrong persons toe.

Last edited:
Contributions

Quickdraw,

I am one of the few people that know of your generous and unique contributions. Thank you very much.

I was cut off short on a thread between a couple of members arguments. I tried to defuse the situation. The next post after mine was somthing about hockey sticks. I knew it was hopeles to continue. It looked like I caused trouble when I was trying to help.

Originally posted by Quickdraw
Yes, AZ you are a friend, and I especially admire that you used your same name from the other site and aren’t afraid of being tortured over there, for participating here.

EDIT P.S. If anyone is concerned about "burning bridges" just use another name to be safe. They can be downright cruel for no reason at all except you happen to step on the wrong persons toe.

Wow! I'm impressed that you too use your same handle - you must be a trouble maker also. <grin> Thank you for visiting.

Right now they are in damage control mode... they don't want ANY public mention of anything questionable. They want to "handle it via PM." That way they can threaten and lie to people about what went on, one-on-one. Anyone that wants to know the truth can ask me for copies of my email exchanges with the thugs.

Wouldn't you think people that escaped a dictatorship would be more sensitive to peoples need for freedom? What’s that saying about power corrupting?

Has any of the 20 odd clique members offered any explanation of where or when my supposed second warning came from?

aka Donna

Hi Quickdraw, now how do we get 007 over here?

Hi Donna!

Which 007? Tony007, Mrs007, or Lady007? :D

If they do come I hope they change their handles to Tony008, Mrs008, and Lady008, so they aren't recognized and get targeted by the gang of outlaws that claim to be "peace loving".

Right now they are throwing flower pedals and singing songs of Thunderbirds to take everyone’s mind off of their dictatorial methods. "If you have questions of concerns about freedom to have an opinion about anything non-Thunderbird please PM us so we can handle it eight-to-one”.

And you have to love everyone going into the off-topic forums saying "this is a diversion, lets stay on Thunderbird topics." Why would they venture away from the Thunderbird forums in the first place if that’s what they want to talk about?

aka sunluvnbird

Hi Quickdraw!

I'm here....changed my name just 'cause I'm not sure I like my old one! (Hi "Sophia", too!)

Welcome Kathe and thank you for coming!

Please stick around and see if we can get this thing airborne....:D

I'm guessing Brad will get the firing squad next... The three of us will have to have a Chicago Outcast get together if it ever warms up...

:D

Then its Sophia and not Donna?

Sophia, didn't we email back & forth a long time ago about car covers? The dealer told you your car came with one?

Originally posted by Quickdraw
Then its Sophia and not Donna?
It appears her username is "Sophia", but it is Donna. That's why I used quotes around her name :p

Hi SunLuvn, actually it is Donna Sophia.
Wasn't I going to adopt you so I would have someone to leave my diamonds to? I was looking for your posts someplace else and noticed you hadn't been around much.

No Quick, you didn't email me a long time ago, it was just a couple of days ago, I sent you an email, and you answered me with the info about the other emails. I am the one that had a couple of ministers wishing I would die and go to Hell. That is how I found about this forum. Am I going to get kicked off for saying that?

I must have a sick sence of humor, every time I opened my mouth over there, I got yelled at. Oh, about the ministers thing, I guarantee I am a lot closer to heaven than they will ever be.

Now..... I am having trouble logging on here. It says Access Denied, there is no such person as Sophia. I even tried to see if I had messed up on my password, and tried to get it emailed to me. I typed in my name, and not the email address. Still says I don't exist.

How did I get here then???? I am clicking on the link from my email message telling me (yes me, the non person) that you guys have posted. Good thing, or I wouldn't be getting on here.

>>>
Now..... I am having trouble logging on here. It says Access Denied,

By posting a message I think you are in as far as it gets, my password doesn't work at some of the areas either. This place needs fixing up a bit but I think it can be re-habbed.

Sorry Donna, I even had to look up your email to recognize you - that was four days ago and I've had quite a lot of correspondence lately. You are the only Donna so I don't really have an excuse for not remembering. <grin>

I am the one that had a couple of ministers wishing I would die and go to Hell.
How'd you like to have 8 to 10 moderators, their spouses, and their friends wishing you'd die and go to hell?

Good one!
I was expecting to see Brad here tonight!

Okay, now that we've got that cleared up,.....it's good to hear from you again, Donna. I missed your postings elsewhere, and as you mentioned, I myself haven't "spoken up" much either.

As far as logging on here, I find that if I get to the user cp page and log in there, it works everytime :D

Quickdraw, I guess you can ignore my reply to your pm, as the Donna mystery is solved!

Thanks, it worked, I just added it to my favorites list.

Originally posted by loochie
As far as logging on here, I find that if I get to the user cp page and log in there, it works everytime :D

That is the only way I have found to log on so far. Is there an easier way? Also, any way to keep it from asking me if I want to bookmark it every time I visit?

I am at work now, and don't have the address on my favorites list here. Am getting access denied by trying the member logon button.
:confused:
I finally got on by clicking on send a PM to someone. My name and password was accepted that way.
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back