Tranny gone out????

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sumpunkster

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
well, the worst posible thing that could happen i think has. i just fixed my O2 sensor and was on my way to replace a bad tire when i relized my car wont switch out of 1st. and the Overdrive light is blinking. does that mean the tranny's gone??? im just about to sell it too. i broke my back at work about 4 months ago so im not working and have no income and this happens. God i hate life. if anyone has any other ideas of what it could be please please let me know. and if anyone has a tranny they can sell me for real cheap i might be able to come up with the money somehow. if you live in or near Washington please let me know. its a 94 Lx V8. PLease help. thanks guys

sumpunkster said:
well, the worst posible thing that could happen i think has. i just fixed my O2 sensor and was on my way to replace a bad tire when i relized my car wont switch out of 1st. and the Overdrive light is blinking. does that mean the tranny's gone??? im just about to sell it too. i broke my back at work about 4 months ago so im not working and have no income and this happens. God i hate life. if anyone has any other ideas of what it could be please please let me know. and if anyone has a tranny they can sell me for real cheap i might be able to come up with the money somehow. if you live in or near Washington please let me know. its a 94 Lx V8. PLease help. thanks guys

Hmmmm, sure does not sound good. It could be something minor or yes it could mean the transmission is gone. First thing is that the OD light flashing is telling you that the EEC has a stored Error code for the transmission, get that read. That will help you greatly. If you intend to keep the car, start looking for an 01+ 4R70W auto, do not get anything older than 98. You will need to go to http://www.modulardepot.com and in the TBird forum there, look up the proper wiring diagram to put that tranny in your car.

well, why not go with anything older then that. i dont really have any money so im just looking for any one that will work. i found a guy with a 95 LX V8 thats hes parting out for $250. so i think im just gona try and get the money for that. i mean that will work. i just hate not having money and no job. im selling everything i own basicly.

sumpunkster said:
well, why not go with anything older then that. i dont really have any money so im just looking for any one that will work. i found a guy with a 95 LX V8 thats hes parting out for $250. so i think im just gona try and get the money for that. i mean that will work. i just hate not having money and no job. im selling everything i own basicly.

95 and older 4R70W's are very to prone to failure. Some have luck with them though and got a long service life out of them. In 96 some of the previous issues were resolved but these 4R70W's still used the intermediate one way roller clutch( OWC ) which is a failure prone part. In 97 but not all 97 4R70W's the started to get the Mechanical Diode OWC which is not prone to failure. In 98 all 4R70W's got the MD OWC, updated clutch materials and the internals of the tranny got cleaned up, no more wires in the pan. In 01, some improvements were further made. Use what you got to use though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back