ThunderBirdNOOB

T

Thunderbirdnoob

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey guys, I currently have a 1996 T-Bird lx, v8 4.6L engine in the garage but has been sitting for about 7 years. Now that I am 18 I want to rebuild it. Currently the sun roof is shattered and will need replacement however I am new to this so any recommendations to find these parts will help! I went out today and found out that the tires I'm on is dangerous (p245/60R15) and would like a recommendation on great tires. It also has a body kit from a previous owner. I believe its a Xenon body kit. Any recommendations on where to start with the rebuild will help me out greatly!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You should put all your energy in getting the drive train first. If it doesn’t run, drive, and stop you are just wasting your money and time. Good luck Rick.

Hey guys, I currently have a 1996 T-Bird lx, v8 4.6L engine in the garage but has been sitting for about 7 years. Now that I am 18 I want to rebuild it. Currently the sun roof is shattered and will need replacement however I am new to this so any recommendations to find these parts will help! I went out today and found out that the tires I'm on is dangerous (p245/60R15) and would like a recommendation on great tires. It also has a body kit from a previous owner. I believe its a Xenon body kit. Any recommendations on where to start with the rebuild will help me out greatly!

The first thing I would do is to perform a compression check then if compression is good I would change the oil and filter.
I would completely flush the cooling system and put in new anti-freeze. On the tires I would install a set of 225x65x15.
It will ride much better. You did not state the mileage but with care the 4.6 is good for a lot of miles.

Back