Thunderbird Press Kit Detroit Auto Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the press kit given out to members of the press at the 2001 Detroit auto show. Kit has a yellow diecast Thunderbird and is quite impressive. Kit is complete and also include post card of Thunderbird from show. If interested and would like pictures please email me at Qwkstng@*******. Would like to see owner of a new T-Bird get this kit. Price $300.00 plus shipping and insurance

Qwkstng-

Should probably tell you that the Media folks at Ford have handed out a number of the press kits you are selling-I know that several people on this board already have one, including myself-I received one that has the Whisper White Thunderbird. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have selling that kit-might want to try Ebay and see if there is a collector out there that wants it.

------------------

-

I have been trying to collect Thunderbird memorabilia since seeing the first concept car at the Chicago Auto Show. My yellow T-Bird finally arrived Nov 1, and although I am still watching for memorabilia, I can't see paying $300.00 and more for one of the press kits. Tony, where did a person have to be to have one handed to them? I was at the T-Bird launch party in July at Dearborn, and I took the tour of the Wixom plant. I also caught up with the living legends tour at Peoria IL the same weekend, but I never saw anything like a press kit.

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

If you knew the right people, you could get one like Tony (Tony has been working with Ford promotional people so he's been in the right spot at the right time), or if you were 1 of the press on the first day last January 8, you would have had a chance at one but if you're like me and the rest of us, ebay has been the best source though we have to pay!

Maybe Tony hasn't watched how well these sell on ebay and that the market is strong there - if the seller is in the right spot at the right time. Sometimes, as a buyer, I've been in the right spot at the right time with a seller unawares of the market value and other buyers missing the auction.

$300 is a bit much for the yellow kit but maybe someone will make him an offer he won't refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back