Thoughts on Caliper covers for 2002 Thunderbird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I’ve been considering purchasing MGP red caliper covers for my red 2002. Worth the investment? Any clearance problems with the stock 17 inch chrome wheels? If anyone has a torch red car with red covers, pictures would be appreciated. Thank you.

I changed my stock 17s with Pacer 18s that had the same offset as the OEM wheels. I have had the MGP caliper covers on for 3 years, and really like them. No clearance issues and I receive many compliments on the look. I ordered them directly from MGP.

Attachments

• spirit of the midwest car show.jpg
    spirit of the midwest car show.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
That answers my question. I’ m going to order a set. Great looking car. I really like those rims. Good choice! Thank you.

I think the covers add to the car, should come from factory with them. If they did there would be no flak from the purist.
Go for it!

I put them on my Corvette. I think they look cheap. If I wasn't so lazy I would remove them and try paint!

my bird came with black ones already on it with black rims..I admit at first I was not so sure but they grew on me and many people do positively comment on them. I like them now

Yes. I was looking at the clearance between the wheel and caliper. Not much space to work with. I haven’t ordered them yet. We’re you able to make them work?
I gave up , I even tried spacers, rings that push the wheel out but it did not seem safe too me. I have the calipers in a box thinking one day I may get other wheels. Anyway I did end up painting the calipers gloss black and they came out okay.

I gave up , I even tried spacers, rings that push the wheel out but it did not seem safe too me. I have the calipers in a box thinking one day I may get other wheels. Anyway I did end up painting the calipers gloss black and they came out okay.
Thanks for the information. The others that had success with these had aftermarket rims. One of the eBay reviews also mentioned spacers being needed. I’m going to leave it alone.

2004 Thunderbird - Wanting to upgrade the brakes (Rotors plus new calipers, pads) are there any problems with the install and what brands have been used. Model #'s, If available. Thanks.

0000.jpg
I’ve been considering purchasing MGP red caliper covers for my red 2002. Worth the investment? Any clearance problems with the stock 17 inch chrome wheels? If anyone has a torch red car with red covers, pictures would be appreciated. Thank you.
Try these:
Whole kit https://amzn.to/3JFDXIC

KC1352-kit.jpg

I know some of you have the covers and I don't want to offend but it always screams cheap fake when I see them.

BTW I used this brands kit on a 2001 GT and they worked great, and look good. I used 2002 for look up purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the MGP in red with the Tbird logo on my 2003 with the stock wheels. Tight fit but they do not rub and look great.

Back