Temporary Hardtop Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
We've rented a beach house in Gulf Shores, AL the first week in June. My wife wants to go down with the hardtop on and take it off down there. I'm not too keen on storing the top under the house because of weather, theft, or whatever. We called Moyer Ford in Foley, AL (10 miles north of Gulf Shores) and they agreed to let us drop the top off at their business and store it on the showroom floor for no charge. Ford dealers can be accommodating at times. Just a thought for anyone else that might want to take a trip and store the top at their destination.

My dealer has also offered to store my hardtop if the need ever arises. They also said that if I give them a days notice they will take my top off for me & re-install it at my house unless I want them to store it, then they would do this for me at the dealership. Appreciate the offer but I have room to store it and it only takes my wife and I about 3 minutes to take it off or put it on.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon,

Maybe I was'nt too clear. The dealer I'm referring to is 10 miles from my destination which is about 300 miles away. He'll take the top off after we arrive, store it for a week, and put it back on when we leave. One phone call set this up. Never met the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back