TBIRD 3.9 engine vs Jag 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MIDAS

Last seen
Does anyone know if these 2 engines are nearly identical except for supercharger. I have heard Rumors both ways, but no one has really explained it to me . Wanting some more credible info. Where can I go to find outa valid comparison?

Thanks
Dennis

MIDAS said:
Does anyone know if these 2 engines are nearly identical except for supercharger. I have heard Rumors both ways, but no one has really explained it to me . Wanting some more credible info. Where can I go to find outa valid comparison?

Thanks
Dennis

No, they are not the same and just last week had a discussion about this mod. The block & heads are different on the two engines. Ford had planned to have a blown bird for 2005 but they were going to use the Jaguar engine as they couldn't simply bolt the blower on.

I spoke with an Engineer from the Lima Engine Plant where the engines were to be built. He said the Jaguar uses a Denso or Denzo control box (computer) while the Thunderbird uses a "Black Oak" box. he said they spent "HUGE" amounts of time to get the Denzo box to talk to the Black Oak box. The Blown Bird was to use the Denzo box to control the engine while the Black Oak box would control the Traction Control, several sensors, the drive-by-wire systems, etc. PM me your email address if you need more info on this.

Last edited:
does anybody have any knowledge about placing a Jaguar 4.2 V8 into an 2002 TBird? I know the motor is bolt in. I am wondering about the computers

does anybody have any knowledge about placing a Jaguar 4.2 V8 into an 2002 TBird? I know the motor is bolt in. I am wondering about the computers

Hi Wallace, I had a Jag and the motor was a huge problem. I recommend dont get a Ford Jagmotor. You might have better luck with a Tata Jag motor, more recent.

Does anybody have experienc with transferring a Jag Motor into a Tbird? It bolts in OK but how do you
wire the

Does anybody have experienc with transferring a Jag Motor into a Tbird? It bolts in OK but how do you
wire the

My understanding is that the electronics are the biggest hurdle. The best answer I've seen is from @Sierra977.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that the electronics are the biggest hurdle. The best answer I've seen is from @Sierra977.

Thought about it. But decided to install coyote 5.0 in lieu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back