Storage for Sunglasses - 2004 Seat heater panel?

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
All,

I just got a 2004 Thunderbird. Love the car. I don't have the seat heater option and was wondering if there is an after market part to replace the blank panel at the bottom of the center console area with a storage bin. I haven't tried to take it off yet but it seems the panel is a separate piece and the should be some space behind it. I would love to use it for either sunglasses or if big enough for a phone and possibly a wireless QI pad charger plate or a USB plug that could charge a phone.

Any help here appreciated. I tried to search the forum and the net but my search skills seem to be lacking. :)

Good idea, never thought about that. Switched my sunglasses to there. Still thinking about that blank panel and all that empty space. Not sure if it is standard 1-DIN size though. I am having a new stereo installed so I will talk to my installer about it and see what he thinks.

My hard hinged sunglasses case fits in the console box just fine and holds regular glasses when sunglasses are being used. By keeping glasses in the case, they stay relatively clear (clean), plus a micro cloth is in there as well. I had parked my S7Active phone in a cup holder but a Magnetic phone holder x'mas gift from daughter works like a charm.

Back