Stop Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
My '69 fordor has the supplemental stop lights in the rear window. Over the weekend I was showing it to my inlaws. When I pressed on the brake pedal to show then the lights only one side lit up. Later when I took the car for a drive, both sides lit up when I stepped on the brake. Also with the engine off (key on) only the left side lites up with the turn signal. Thr right side will not light when selecting the right turn signal. With the engine running both sides will work normal. In other words with the car off (key on) only the left light works. With the engine running both lights in the window work. Both tail lights work like they are supposed to. Any Suggestions? Thanks Mike B
P.S. I have already replaced both relays that work the supplemental stop lights.

That's a pretty rare option you have! I wish my '69 had it. The only thing I can think of is a faulty ground somewhere. The sequential lights on these cars are really fussy about having good, clean grounds to keep everything working right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back