Stainless windshield trim removal on a 56 Bird

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Stainless windshield trim removal on a 56 Thunderbird
Hi, I’m looking for an answer on how to ( or if it’s possible) to remove the bottom outside piece of stainless trim from the windshield without removing the windshield. I had help removing mine on a 55 Bird but we took the windshield off as part of a total restoration. Thanks for any help!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Stainless windshield trim removal on a 56 Thunderbird
Hi, I’m looking for an answer on how to ( or if it’s possible) to remove the bottom outside piece of stainless trim from the windshield without removing the windshield. I had help removing mine on a 55 Bird but we took the windshield off as part of a total restoration. Thanks for any help!
Windshield has to come out.
I've had mine out for a few months polishing the trim, it's almost ready to go back. However I can't remember id the outside dog leg pieces fit into the upper retainers, or if it only fits over it.

When installing the windshield the instructions are to insert the trim (that goes across at the bottom) into the rubber seal as it is assembled on the windshield for installation. Then the whole shebang gets installed into the body. Therefore for disassembly you remove all the trim around the top and sides. You remove the trim inside across the bottom. Leave the piece of trim on the outside bottom across the front . Cut the seal from the inside using a razor knife box cutter or something similar. Then the windshield (with the bottom outside trim still in place) pushes out the front.

Thank you Tater and Steve for the information. The gentleman I was getting the information for was very happy with the help from the forum and said he was planning to join.
By the way my 55 that had been in storage for about forty five years has been in the body shop since October 27,2018 is now ready to come off frame. I’m currently making a dolly for it and plan to bring the chassis back home to blast ,prime, and paint. Also going to do all the suspension,etc. while the underneath of the body is finished and the finish painting is completed.
I’ve got plenty of questions coming to the forum! Thanks again, JDJ

Back