speed limiter and exhuast

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
Last seen
I have a 97 xr7 with the 4.6 just wondering if anybody has found a cheap way to kill the speed governer it kicks in at 107 mph :mad: ! also I wanted to put strait pipes with only two magna flows on the end and ditch cats and resonater. My exhuast guy says it will screw with the computer and wont run right. The same exhuast added 20 rear wheel hp and 2-5 mpg to my 91 5.0 H.0 i need some more go but the 4.6 just isn't as easy to work with as the 5.0 h.0 help! couger king

For the governor, the only way is to change the computer program. Get a chip. It's not very cheap, but it sure is the only way and is worth it, as it will give you more power and better perfomance all around.

Removing the cats is the only thing that will affect the computer, because the exhaust has a second set of O2 sensors to check the cats efficiency. This will not affect the engine operation at all, but will turn on the check engine light. You will only need a MIL eliminator to fool the computer to see a woriking cat where there is none.
Other than that, if the setup is not restrictive at all, you'll loose backpressure, which results in a little less torque on the low end, but at high RPMs is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back