So, It's BAAAAACK!! I'm now officially a re-owner?!?

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Well, some of you may have seen my other thread about the tragic day I bought my 2002 Bird. Well, after almost 6 weeks...it's back!! The majority of that time was finding, then waiting, then waiting again for parts. My initial quote took some time because, at my behest, the shop owner tried to find quality used parts first. Then when most of those turned out to be not what they were represented we decided to go OEM. Problem with that was finding all the parts that were needed (he located one vendor who gathered everything up fro various locations throughout the country), then a mistake in shipping resulted in the wrong side fender. Oh well, what can you do? Well, aside from waiting for the front bumper emblem, she's home!

Did a slight color change from just black, to a very subtle pearl black metallic (so had to re-spray the entire car). So happy to have her back and FINALLY took her for a spin today.

jt9mw7.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Looks good hope you have good luck.

It can only get better after the way my ownership started, haha!! I know these cars are not without their issues (the 02 especially) but it's role as a weekend driver (and pretty good knowledge of how it was taken care of by the prior owner) should ease the wear and tear and hopefully keep her in good graces.

Congrats - Enjoy!!

You mention "he located one vendor who gathered everything up fro various locations throughout the country"

Can you tell us who that vendor is?

Thanks .. Ralph

I'll see if I can get the vendor info from him.

Thank you. At some point we will all need hard to find parts

Getting carried away of late - new shiny wheels ordered and considering Phil's aluminum billet grill for our pretty girl

Once we did a burl dash kit and Borla exhaust it's not "stock" anymore so that hurdle is behind us

Has anyone had experience with that specific grill?

Back in Black ... looking good! Here's hoping things work out better this time around. She's looking very pretty.

Enjoy your new ride.. May your trips be filled with sunshine gentle breezes, fine companionship, and adventure around every corner...

Back