Slamming the TBird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been reasonably suspicious of Car and Driver ( I'm a former subscriber, but now check in on-line occasionally). I know that they were once owned by Peterson Publications and had close ties with GM.
I read their recent glowing report on the Mustang GT convertable, surprise!, and noted several slams at the TBird. I admit that they were not kind to the Solara drop top either.
They seem to have this great love affair with European and Nippon marques.
I think Csaba Cere has steered the mag towards that bent during his tenure there.
I think I'm getting old and crabby but I like American cars. I looked at the SLK, Z-4 and the 350Z before I bought my Bird. I think that they are overrated and overpriced. I realize that the variety of automobiles offered today allows almost everyone to own the car of their dreams. That's great!
I would like to see a little more unbiased reporting from the magazine.
Hope this stirs some lively conversation here. It has been awfully quiet lately!!
PUTT

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Have to agree with ya Putt, seems the media never warmed to the bird as if it was suppose to be a vette beater. ITS A BIRD, its fun, fast and one hell of an eye catcher. The new stangs are nice, but its still a stang and in two years there will be gads of them all over. I drive down the road and see a red bir once and a while, couple black ones and a teal, and my white one. I don't want what everyone else has. thats why I love my bird. PS, had my mufflers repaced with flowmasters yesterday. Now it not only looks good, it sounds good...

Rock,
I picked the Bird cause it is uniquely American, despite the British V-8. You don't see one at every bend in the road. And it didn't cost as much as comparable imports. It's has good performance and it is COOL!! I don't care whether anyone likes it, I bought it for my wife and me to cruise around here.
Sorta nostalgic, we're both in our thirties but actually we are 62. Brings back the 50's and growing up in LA, the car was king.
How do you like the Flowmasters? I'd like to change mine over so that I can hear the V-8. We sold a Mustang GT 5 liter and loved the rumble it made.
Today it is in the 70's, sun shining, and I have the top down, cruising into Seattle for a meeting...it's a great day!
Putt

Love the flowmasters Putt. I decided to leave the front resonators on, didn't want to get too obnoxious.) My preference was so that when i took off or sat idling you could tell it was a V8. BINGO they work just great. I can still listen to the stereo without ill effect. They sound off more at 2-3000 RPM, when you rev up higher they tend to quiet down. Great crusisin through town in 2nd gear with a low rumble, and when you let off they rumble even more. Very happy with choice and the whole thing cost $250 installed :eek:
Now if I can only find some roll bars for it, tough to find...

Rollbar

After having experienced a couple 360's, slide down an embankment and landing in a cow pasture we have been in search of a rollbar. (even though She stayed close to the ground and never did roll).
We found a company in Lewisville, Texas that can build me one that is welded to the frame for about 1500.....My dealer says it could cause problems with electronics and possibly void warranty. Have not decided on having the work done yet.
Any one seen mud flaps or splash guards any where??? My bird is black and ever a puddle of dust messes her up. I would like some custom fitted with the t-bird insignia on the rear.
Blkbrd03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back